Monday, February 13, 2012

Wyatt's first bite

Wyatt went to the doctor for his 6 month check up and we got the go ahead to start introducing solid foods to him. I decided that I would try and make his own baby food...so far I've made green beans and sweet potatoes. The green beans definitely took the longest to make because the skin on the bean is very hard to break down into a smooth puree. I figured that since I love green beans so much and because I labored over the stove, blender, and strainer to make them, we'd start them first.

Here is Wyatt about to take his fist bite

What's that you got there? Food? Let's try it! 

Whoa...that's not like the milk I love so much. What's up with the texture? I don't know about this.

Ugh...you're going to make me eat more?

Aw....gross! NO MORE GREEN BEANS!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

That about sums it up. He's not the biggest fan of green beans. He is ok with squash and we're still unsure about the sweet potatoes. Next week it's carrots...stay tuned :) Until then, here's a video to relive the experience: 


No comments:

Post a Comment