Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's official...we're pregnant!


It's official...we're pregnant! I have several friends that have babies or are currently pregnant, so to say that we've had the baby fever is an understatement. Plus, I think our mothers are ready for grandchildren.

We've been trying to conceive for about 3 months now, but I did not think that it would happen so soon. During this time, I thought of how I would tell Joe that we were pregnant when the day came and came up with some really cute and creative ideas. I had thought about scavenger hunts, writing a message in pizza toppings on a homemade pizza, a Christmas surprise, etc. So this morning, after I finished my bowl of Cheerios and was feeling well, cheery, I decided to go ahead and test my luck. I had taken one test before, and it turned out to be negative and I really thought that this test would provide me with the same result. But after seeing the 2nd yellow line immediately show up, I yelled out, "Joe..." to which he replied hesitantly, "yes...." And then I just blurted out, "I took a pregnancy test" (long pause)....we're pregnant!" I'm pretty sure it was right after that point that Joe's face lit up and simply said, "That's awesome!"

So now, as I sit here writing this blog, I can't believe that we will be parents in 9 short months. This gift is truly a blessing and we are looking forward to our journey to becoming a family of 3! I have created this blog to document the whole experience and keep everyone up to date as to what is happening in our lives. But for now...it's a secret. So by the time you read this post, I'll be much farther along from two pink lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment