Thursday, January 27, 2011

2nd Doctor's Appointment

I had my 2nd doctor's appointment today and Joe got to go and see the little baby. I think it's safe to say that he was visibly excited and intrigued with the entire experience. We had a little bit of movement but then baby Peters decided to take a nap right in the middle of the sonogram. I said he/she is just practicing for later on in the pregnancy and knows that when mommy lies down, then it's time for him/her to go to sleep too. It also helps that I come from a long line of good sleepers :)

We got to see and hear the heart beat today, which was really cool. Also, if you look to the right of the baby, you'll see my bladder. Didn't realize it was that close, but that explains why pregnant women have to pee all the time. In the middle of the exam, the sonogram tech says, "See that stream right there...that's your bladder filling up." Probably the most random thing I've ever heard or seen, but sure enough, my bladder looked like old faithful this afternoon!

The sonogram tech said that the baby was measuring at 11 weeks/5 days, so almost 12 weeks...even though exactly 2 weeks ago it was 10 weeks/3 days. Not sure how that math adds up, but I'll take her word for it. Maybe this is a good sign that this baby won't be as big as I was on my birthday...8 pounds 13 ounces! The heart rate was 158 bpm which is healthy and strong.

My next appointment is the day after Valentine's Day with the Nurse Practitioner. I'm not sure what that appointment entails...probably checking vitals, weight gain (although I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight), etc. Hopefully we'll get to take another sneak peek at the next appointment and see our little valentine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment