Friday, March 11, 2011

Broccoli Stir Fry


So this has been an exceptionally difficult week...both at work and dealing with work after I get home in the form of headaches. Last night was exceptionally bad and what was a headache turned into a full blown MIGRAINE. I got home around 6pm and after letting Hailey go out to play, I immediately laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. I woke up and called Joe around 7pm. He was just leaving Turner Field and wouldn't be back until around 8:30, so I told him I would try and find something in the pantry to heat up because I didn't want to wait until 8:30 to eat. After I hung up, I fell back asleep and woke up around 8:00pm. Since Joe still wasn't home and I had waited this long, I asked if he could swing by McDonald's and get a chicken nugget happy meal. When Joe got home, he told me that in the drive through the lady asked him, "girl or boy?" For a second, Joe thought...how does she know my wife is pregnant? He then said, "excuse me?" to which she replied, "Do you want a girl toy or a boy toy...for your Happy Meal?" He said he kind of laughed and then said "boy". I proceeded to laugh a little and then tried to eat a few nuggets, but my headache was making me feel nauseous, which then turned into a full blown pregnancy meltdown! I started bawling my eyes out because my head hurt so bad and I felt sick to my stomach. Joe asked if a heating pad would help, and I told him to just cut my head off. He said that wasn't an option, so I told him that I wanted something cold and to go look in the freezer for a bag of peas or something. He came back and put something on my head and I asked in a small whiny voice, "Are those peas?" Joe then said, "Nope...broccoli stir fry!" If I didn't think that the picture of me with a bag of stir fry on my head, tears streaming out of my eyes, and a happy meal on my lap wasn't going to be used as blackmail down the road, I would have let Joe take a picture and would have posted it here because it was definitely a sight to see. Hopefully the story is equally entertaining. I feel better now, but I'm really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow :) thank goodness for Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment