Monday, July 18, 2011

Sleep...who needs sleep?!?!?

I DO!!!!! And if I had one of these pillows, I might actually be able to sleep through the night, minus the frequent trips to the bathroom. I believe last night's count was 3. I can't seem to get comfortable anymore and frankly it hurts to go from right side to left side, and vice versa. The only place that is somewhat comfortable at this stage in my pregnancy is the couch because it offers back and side support at the same time. There aren't enough pillows on the bed (even though I have 3 for my own personal use) to make me feel comfortable. Last night, I tossed and turned for an hour in the bed before I decided to relocate to the couch and fell asleep around 12:30. Then around 2am I woke up with one of those horrid breathing cramps, you know the ones that feel like your lung is pinched between your ribs and it hurts to take a breath...ouch! I tried stretching to make room for my lung to expand, but that only seemed to make it worse. I finally fell back asleep only to be awoken by a dog with a ravenous appetite. Her collar kept clanking the metal bowl and she sounded like a pig in a trough. That was around 4am. Next thing I knew, the alarm was going off at 6:30am. Needless to say, I'm utterly exhausted and extremely unproductive today. I know this is Mother Nature's way of preparing me for when Wyatt gets here, but it would be nice if she would back off a bit and at least let me get SOME rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment